About Our Organization
Main Street establishes and fosters a cooperative partnership among downtown groups and individuals.
Main Street encourages enhancement of the visual qualities of downtown that make a unique place to shop, work, or live.
Main Street organizes and supports many diverse activites in the downtown area-drawing residents and tourists to enjoy the distinctive atmosphere.
Main Street offers assistance to local businesses with seminars covering a variety of topics and works to recruit the services and products necessary to meet the needs of the community.
- Assisted in listing the Ripley Historic district in the National Register of historic places.
- Helped with compiling information for the Historic Resource Inventory
- Helped to develop contents for the Ripley Design Guidelines.
- Helped to develop Ripley as a Certified Local Government.
- Helped establish the Local Tax Abatement Program
- Received 2005 nomination for the Tippah County Jail to 10 Most Endangered Places from The Mississippi Heritage Trust.
- Received funding from Mississippi Archives and History for the Community Heritage Preservation Grant Program-Round IV for the restoration of the Tippah County Jail.
- Received funding from the Mississippi Arts Commision "Building Funds for the Arts" for the renovation of the Old Dixie Theatre.